Come and help us create unique game experiences.
Playdead is an independent game developer and publisher. We have made two critically acclaimed titles, LIMBO and INSIDE, and are currently working on our third.
This is a generalist programmer position, focused on building the core technologies needed to create and ship quality, high performance, bug-free games.
Possibilities include ownership of runtime in-game systems as well as various tools used to build the game. This means direct influence at all levels of development, on features and quality of the final product.
What will you be doing?
- Potential tasks range from building and optimising low-level engine code and game systems, to creating developer-facing tools for profiling the game or improving the content pipeline.
- We expect you to be self-driven, able to work independently and collaborate across disciplines.
- You will be able to define your own goals and tasks.
If you wish to apply consider the following general requirements:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++.
- Performance minded development and optimization skills with results oriented approaches and thinking.
- Good problem identifying and solving skills.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects.
- We imagine you have a formal computer science background.
- Experience with engine- and console-development - hobby engines count.
- Experience with Unity.
- Familiarity with C#.
Who We Are
At Playdead, we are a team of 30 creative professionals, based in downtown Copenhagen, Denmark. We look particularly for people who enjoy managing their own schedule, and thrive on working within a friendly, collaborative environment. We love to make carefully crafted games with an obsessive attention to detail, and are always on the lookout for others who share that passion.